Narrative Equilibrium – Two boys are sitting in a café, one has a burger, the other just has chips. Disruption – One boy notices that the other has a burger and begins to tell him the story. Recognition – The boy realises that the other is implying that the boy who got stabbed the other day is in the burger. Attempts to Repair – He spits the burger out. New Equilibrium – He tells him it was just a joke, but the camera pans to a worker who is sharpening knives and has a smirk on his face, leaving the audience to decide for themselves if it was true or not. The boy who was stabbed is the princess as he is the one who needs saving. The villains are the boys who stab him and come to finish him off. It may seem like the café workers are the heroes at first, but it turns out that they may also be the villains as well. Lighting The café needs to be lit as that is the reason the boy goes in, as he knows there...
Character list Aaron - Aaron is the protagonist, so he needs a strong and confident actor to hold the audiences' attention - He is 19 years old and so I want an actor between the ages of 16-20 - I'm having him played by me as I believe that I am capable since I take A Level drama and am hoping to go to drama school. I have ten years of acting experience under my belt - The most important idea to get across in the film is his struggle and inner turmoil. He cannot forgive himself and is haunted by his guilt Leo - Leo is the best friend and victim - He is also 19 - He has a small speaking part and appears in a few scenes - I have chosen a student who is in my A Level drama class. He has appeared in a previous short film of mine, so I know that he is a capable actor Alex - Alex is the girlfriend of Leo - She is featured in one scene - She is also 19 - I have chosen a student in my music class and a friend of mine as she would have good chemistry with me and the...
Narrative The film has a linear narrative, but the events aren’t in chronological order, so the audience see the events in reverse. It is very hard to apply narrative theories, as we don’t get to see any characters in detail or know their personalities, as the story is not about character development, but telling a true story to educate an audience. 11:45PM – Night time on the street 7:30PM – A couple parks on the pavement and gets out to spot a bunch of flowers on the other side of the road. 4:20PM – A man is pressure washing the road and a woman is talking to him. We see that it was probably blood. 3:00PM – A removal van is taking a car away. It cuts to stills of clothes in evidence bags. 12:30PM – Police take the body. 9:50AM – Forensics are taking pictures of the body. Cuts to stills of possessions in evidence bags. 8:00AM – We see the body lying on the street. 7:45AM – The body hasn’t been found yet. People pass by until a man w...
Comments
Post a Comment